Let it snow! For those of us that love to hit the slopes, this is good news; however, they are hard words to hear for those that love the warmth of summer and the brisk (but manageable) fall temps! When winter is in Sun Valley, it arrives in style! SNOW!
What should you do if you are selling your home and snow has arrived? How do you prepare for potential buyers?
1. Shovel and shovel. If there is any snow, even a small amount, shovel the sidewalks, steps and the driveway.
2. Always check your gutters. If they need to be cleaned out, do so to assure when snow melts it doesn’t run over and cause ice hazards.
3. Put away any items that do not look like they belong in a winter scene including garden hoses, patio furniture, and swimming pools.
4. Keep a good stock of ice-melt on supply. It works great for quick upkeep for slippery steps and sidewalks.
5. Raise the temp inside. It might feel really warm but remember, potential buyers are coming in from a very cold outside. Let them walk in and feel the welcome warm air.
6. If you have a fireplace, turn it on! The ambiance of the fire place with make your buyers feel at home.
It doesn’t have to be hard to sell your house during the winter. It may be chilly, but buyers are still looking.